Any company that is in any way involved with the handling, processing, producing, transporting, and/or storing of flammable and combustible gases and liquids, combustible solids, explosible powders/dusts, and/or reactive chemicals would require our process safety services.
Transportation of hazardous materials can be a risk to life, property, and the environment. There is federal law in the U.S. regulating the transportation of hazardous materials as a means of preventing fires, explosions, and spills. The key provisions encompassing federal standards are:
- Procedures and Policies
- Material Designations & Labeling
- Packaging Requirements
- Operational Rules
The regulations apply essentially to all persons involved in the preparation of the transportation of hazardous materials, including anyone who:
- Transports hazardous materials in commerce;
- Causes hazardous material to be transported in commerce;
- Designs, manufactures, fabricates, inspects, marks, maintains, reconditions, repairs, or tests a package, container, or packaging component that is represented, marked, certified, or sold as qualified for use in transporting hazardous material in commerce;
- Prepares or accepts hazardous material for transportation in commerce;
- Is responsible for the safety of transporting hazardous material in commerce;
- Certifies compliance with any legal and safety requirement; or
- Misrepresents whether such person is engaged in any activity under the above requirements.
We partner with our clients in the transportation industry to help them identify, assess, prevent, and control fire, explosion, and accidental loss of containment hazards in their operations. Our services include expert consulting, laboratory testing, and training in the specialist fields of fire and explosion hazards, electrostatic hazards & processing problems, gas & vapor flammability hazards, Process Hazard Analysis, Process Safety Management, and incident investigation.