The effective management of process safety-related risks requires a proper understanding of the hazardous properties of materials involved. At Stonehouse Process Safety we provide a complete range of laboratory testing for the evaluation of the materials you handle including powders/dusts, liquids, vapors, gases, or solids. We test and measure flammability, combustibility, explosibility, ignition sensitivity, explosion severity, thermal decomposition/self-heating, and electrostatic properties, and more.
Our laboratory, supported by our process safety specialists, provide you with all you need to obtain the necessary, quality-controlled data for the safe operation of your processes.
“This laboratory is accredited in accordance with the recognized International Standard ISO/IEC 17025. This accreditation demonstrates technical competence for a defined scope and the operation of a laboratory quality management system (refer to joint ISOILAC-IAF Comminque dated April 2017)”.
You are in good hands:
- We help you select only the tests that you need for your specific applications
- We deliver the results expeditiously
- All tests are priced competitively
- We interpret the data and help you with its application for the identification and evaluation of process safety hazards
- We provide practical suggestions for the effective elimination and/or control of those hazards, if required
We invite you to partner with Stonehouse for all your testing needs to ensure the continued safety of your personnel, plant, community, and business.
Our portfolio of testing services includes the tests listed below. Tests are conducted according to prescribed national or international standards and best industry practices. We also can set up and run customized tests to simulate actual process and operating conditions where standardized tests fall short of providing adequate safety information.
Combustible Dust Testing
- Go/No Go Explosibility Screening Test
- Minimum Ignition Energy (MIE) – Dust Cloud Test
- Minimum Ignition Temperature – Dust Cloud (MIT-cloud) Test
- Minimum Ignition Temperature – Dust Layer (MIT-layer) Test
- Explosion Severity Test (Kst)
- Minimum Explosible Concentration (MEC) Test
- Limiting Oxygen Concentration (LOC) Test
- Particle Sieve Analysis
- Volume Resistivity Test – Powders and Solid Materials
- Surface Resistivity Test – Solid Materials
- Charge Relaxation (Decay) Time – Powders and Solid Materials
- Electrostatic Chargeability Test – Powder
- Breakdown Voltage Test – Solid Materials
- Electrostatic Discharge Testing
- Electrostatic Hazards Testing – Flexible Intermediate Bulk Container (FIBC)
- Liquid Conductivity Test