Job Title: Process Safety Consultant
Location: Hybrid, split between home-office and client sites
Contract: Full time or part-time position
Reports to: Director of Consulting
Send CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org (or call first for an informal discussion)
Stonehouse Process Safety is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Process Safety Consultant to join our dynamic team of specialists in one of North America’s most respected process safety companies. As a Process Safety Consultant, you will be joining a team providing expertise in various areas of process safety, risk management, and process hazard analysis. You will be responsible for evaluating and assessing processes and operations to ensure compliance with pertinent process safety standards and regulations. You will also be responsible for identifying potential hazards and risks and developing practical solutions to mitigate those risks.
- Conduct technical process hazard analyses (PHA) and dust hazard analyses (DHA), to identify potential hazards and risks, identify areas for improvement, and develop practical recommendations for corrective actions.
- Apply your experience & knowledge to finding solutions to our clients technical problems in your particular expert areas(s). See below for possible expert technical areas.
- Develop and implement process safety programs to ensure compliance with relevant safety standards and regulations.
- Utilize techniques such as Hazard and Operability (HAZOP), What-If, and other methodologies, to identify potential hazards and risks associated with industrial manufacturing processes.
- Assist clients in developing and implementing change where necessary, as well as subsequent auditing of process safety programs.
- Conduct training programs to educate employees and management on process safety and risk mitigation.
We are looking for individuals who share our passion for process safety and want to share their knowledge with our clients, in line with our mission of providing best-in-class solutions to their process safety challenges.
You might already be working in process safety and are looking to step up and expand your career prospects with a move to professional consulting. Alternatively, you might be a well-established, mature and experienced process safety professional looking for a change of direction. You could equally well be looking to continue your professional career but working fewer days per month and largely from home.
Whatever your situation, we are looking for you to join and work with our engineers and scientists drawn from the worlds of industry, consulting, and academia, who are recognized for their expertise in identifying and solving process safety problems.
To be successful in this role, we would expect you to have a skill set drawn from the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering or a related field,
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: gas and vapor flammability, dust explosions, hazardous area (electrical) classification, thermal stability, chemical reaction hazards, reactor vent sizing, static electricity, process safety management,
- At least 5 years of experience in process safety, hazard assessments, or a related field,
- Strong understanding of relevant safety standards and regulations, that will include NFPA and OSHA’s codes and standards,
- Experience conducting PHAs and DHAs using various methodologies,
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team,
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills (written, oral and listening),
- Excellent self-starter with a natural ability to work under own initiative,
- Aptitude for site-based activity and travel,
- Professional certification in process safety or related fields is a plus,
If you are a skilled and experienced Process Safety specialist looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, we encourage you to contact us.
Stonehouse Process Safety Inc. is a fast-growing consulting and laboratory testing company that specializes in providing process safety solutions to clients across many industries.
Our consultants work closely with clients to identify potential hazards and assess risks in their processes and propose practical solutions to mitigate those risks. We provide independent process safety consulting advice and client training courses. We also operate one of North America’s busiest process safety laboratories in support of our consulting work. Our expertise covers most aspect of process safety with particular expertise in dust flash fire and explosion hazards, gas and vapor flammability hazards, hazardous area classification, electrostatic hazards, thermal decomposition/self-heating, chemical reaction hazards and process safety management.